Based near Crackington Haven we are a small, friendly team of nine who live either on site at Trelay farm or live very locally.
We lovingly grow all of our microgreens inside of 2 repurposed refrigerated lorry bodies.
The grow space is very well insulated and provides the consistent environment required to succesfully grow microgreens all year round!
They are all grown under low power LED lights which are partly powered by solar panels.
We tried growing microgreens outdoors in the polytunnel but even during the summer, the inconsistant conditions and temperature fluctuations made it impossible for them to grow evenly and to the specific time scales required.
Our Calendula, chive, viola and nastusium flowers are all grown in the poly tunnel.
Our borage flowers are grown outdoors from the cut microgreen stems and the other edible flowers are harvested wild from our private woodland.
We operate to food safety standards and we are aiming to be awarded
with a 5* rating when the food saftey officer comes to inspect
• Microgreens are the young, tender seedlings of edible vegetables and herbs which are harvested anywhere from 8 days to 4 weeks of germination.
• Packed with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants, they are said to be up to 40x more nutritious than their mature counterparts.
• Eye-catching, crunchy, and packed with flavour they are an attractive and delicious
addition to any dish; Toss them in a salad, chuck them on a burger or pizza, glitz up your
garnish, munch them on their own or simply scatter on top of any meal for that dash of something extra special!
• Our keep-fresh punnets are widely recycled.
• Based near Crackington Haven, we deliver using our bio-diesel powered van or sometimes by E-bike.
• We lovingly grow our non-GM seeds in high quality soil for maximum flavour and to the very highest of standards and don’t use any pesticides or other nasties.
• Check out our facebook page and give us a like for all the latest updates & offers.
• If you’re a restaurant owner or a chef, please get in touch for a sample.
• If you enjoy eating nutritious, flavour-packed food then why not give us a try?
Find your closest stockist from the front page,
Our mixed microgreens boxes and pea shoots are stocked in the following shops all year round:
Premier Stores, Tintagel
Widemouth wet fish shop
Lansdown Dairy, Bude
and in the summer months we are also available here:
Wainhouse stores, Wainhouse corner
Crackington village stores
Sea View farmshop near Delabole
St Kew farmshop
Trevathan farmshop, St Endellion
Nursery stores, Rock
We also offer a free delivery service to the local area - please get in touch to place an order. (Min spend: £10)